How to make more strategic design decisions?
Summaries and Questions
Strategic UX Design
A conversation where an interviewer asks a series of questions to one or more interviewees.
- Asking the right questions during user research, interviews and testing
- How to Make User Research a Conversation
- Interviewing Humans
- Never Ask What They Want — 3 Better Questions to Ask in User Interviews
- When Interviews Go Wrong
A map of a person's experience throughout an existing service.
- Journey Mapping in Real Life: A Survey of UX Practitioners
- Nine sample customer journey maps – and what we can learn from them
- The Anatomy of an Experience Map
- The Value of Customer Journey Maps: A UX Designer’s Personal Journey
- Using Customer Journey Maps to Improve Customer Experience
- When and How to Create Customer Journey Maps
- Why All UX Designers Should Be Creating User Journeys, And Here’s How To Make One
User Experience Strategy
Defining a set of end-user goals in relation to design and development work.
- 3 Keys to Aligning UX with Business Strategy
- How Design And User Experience Translates To The Bottom Line
- Making Research Actionable: An Introduction to Design Criteria
- Planning Your UX Strategy
- There is no such thing as UX strategy